Just as purchasing a home is a monumental transaction, selling a home is just as big and sometimes even more stressful depending on the circumstances. There’s a lot that goes into selling a home, there’s a lot of fluff that some agents try to glorify, there are the essentials, and there are the difference makers. Most competent real estate agents will at least do the following:
- Comprehensive marketing strategy
- Maximum online exposure as the majority of buyers begin their search online (websites include – Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Movoto, Redfin, Postlets, etc.)
- Open House and/or Broker’s Open
- Advertising to other industry experts
- Professional photography and video
- Published MLS listing
- Blog exposure
- Blast email to personal/professional rolodex
- Feedback reporting
The above list more or less touches on what some, but certainly not all, agents will do. The differentiators come in the details. While representing a seller is a different process from representing a buyer, it’s imperative to know the market and to know whom your potential buyers are as that’s whom you have to market to. Without revealing everything, knowing your competition, knowing how to stage a home and optimize space, and understanding how to creatively structure deals are also important factors.
As the above home selling tips only scratch the surface, Ryan would be more than happy to sit down, obligation free, and discuss the possibility of listing your home and/or answer any specific questions. Please feel free to reach out directly. All inquiries are welcome!